Adobe and Microsoft both released patches this week to address vulnerabilities in respective software applications and advised all users to apply the patches as soon as possible, if applicable to them.
Adobe has released security updates for Adobe Flash Player to address vulnerabilities in the following versions:
- Adobe Flash Player 11.6.602.171 and earlier versions for Windows and Macintosh
- Adobe Flash Player 126.96.36.1993 and earlier versions for Linux
- Adobe Flash Player 188.8.131.52 and earlier versions for Android 4.x devices
- Adobe Flash Player 184.108.40.206 and earlier versions for Android 3.x and 2.x
- Adobe AIR 220.127.116.117 and SDK and earlier versions
- Adobe AIR 18.104.22.1689 SDK & Compiler and earlier versions
Users are advised to refer to Adobe Security Bulletin APSB13-09 for more information.
Meanwhile, in March’s Patch Tuesday announcement, Microsoft announced seven security patches which address potentially critical vulnerabilities in Internet Explorer, Microsoft Silverlight, Microsoft Office and Microsoft SharePoint. Updates are available for Windows XP,Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows Server 2003, 2008 and 2012.
For more information users are advised to refer to the latest Microsoft Technet bulletin.
Leave a reply