Avira GmbH is expanding and developing nationally and internationally. In order to expand our team we are looking to immediately fill the position of
Developer (m/f) Technology Trends
* You and your team evaluate new technologies, trends and platforms. You identify which ones are worth looking into, what opportunities they create for the company, and then along with your team create high quality proof of concept code for potential new features or whole product ranges. If requested, you will also take your project all the way into the product stage.
* If presented with a new and unfamiliar technology, you embrace the challenge and start digging into it right away, learning all about the details while putting gathered knowledge into practice right from the start.
* You will share your gathered experience with others in your team as well as members of other teams. This includes documenting your findings, giving tutorials or workshops, presentations and hands-on help for others. You will assist other teams that will turn your current and previous projects into products with your knowledge and skills.
* You will be expected to give presentations about new technologies mainly for internal groups but on occasion also on conferences.
* You may work on projects related to social media, web and mobile platforms as well as traditional platforms like Windows, Linux or OS X and will learn the relevant skills to make your project a full success.
* Starting from day one you will be part of an international team whose objective is to keep millions of Avira customers safe and free from malicious software. Your work ethics justify the trust our customers put into our products and services.
* You will be challenged to display a highly visionary, collaborative, efficient and reliable working style in all aspects. You will work together closely with other teams and transfer acquired knowledge to follow-up projects based on your initial work.
* Your code serves as a high-quality example for solving a certain problem to everyone in the company.
* You embrace and envision new concepts, technologies, ideas and want to develop yourself professionally and personally, learning new technical and personal skills as required by your tasks.
Keys to hiring:
* You have a high level of self-motivation and work for the full success of your team. Furthermore, you have the ability to be solution focused, identify problems and solve them by taking the right decision for all parties involved.
* You have solid development skills in different programming languages, software design and experience of working in agile development processes.
* You demonstrate expertise in problem solving and technical innovation. You have the ability to mentor junior team members reviewing code and design docs, teaching or consulting on projects.
* You see learning new skills and technologies as a great and welcome opportunity both for yourself and the company, and not as a chore that needs to be overcome.
* Varied tasks in an expanding company with above average growth
* Independent working in an international team
* Competitive rates of pay
* You will take part in skill adaptation training for new employees
* Continuous training
This position is based in Tettnang, Lake Constance.
Please send your application including your salary requirements and availability to the address indicated below. Online applications preferred.
Telephone: +49 (0) 7542-500 2200
Email: [email protected]