Software Developer for the Detection of Malicious Software
|10 May 2011|
We are looking to immediately fill the position of
Software Developer (m/f) for the Detection of Malicious Software
You will be responsible for maintaining and improving the excellent detection ability of the Avira products to protect Avira customers from current threats. By using and improving the already sophisticated tools within the Avira Labs, you will develop special detections for various malware families. The new tricks and techniques malware uses to avoid detection will challenge you every day to enhance and update detection rules continuously. Fighting against the dark side of the IT-world and against the bad guys will give you the great feeling to do the right thing.
* Starting from day one you will be part of an international team whose objective is to keep Avira customers safe and free from malicious applications. To ensure that you have the necessary knowledge to fight these cybercriminals, you will start with a training in our Virus Lab. There you will learn different techniques how to analyse malware and also all about the tricks the bad guys use to harm users.
* After successfully adapting the basic knowledge about malware analysis, your training will continue in the Software Development Team for Generic Detections. This team represents the core knowledge about malware within Avira and is one of the most important teams regarding detection of malware. You will learn how to develop generic detection rules, analyse the structure of Windows executables in full detail and discover special characteristics of malicious software. You will then use these characteristics to write special detection routines.
* You will exchange the knowledge and experience you gain to other team members on your team and you will also transfer it to new team members that might join the team afterwards.
* You have a high level of self-motivation and a great knowledge of the Windows PE-File Format.
* Furthermore, you know details of the Assembly language and you are very good at developing fast, secure and stable source code in “C”.
* The idea of fighting against the bad guys inspires you and you are highly interested in finding ways to detect malicious software. The permanent fight against cybercriminals and the daily changing requirements doesn’t bother you, but keeps your motivation on a high level day by day.
* Varied tasks in an expanding company with above average growth.
* Independent working.
* Competitive rates of pay.
* You will take part in skill adaptation training for new employees.
* Continuous training.
This position is based in Tettnang, Lake Constance.
Please send your application including your salary requirements and availability to the address indicated below:
Telephone: +49 (0) 7542-500 2200
Email: [email protected]
Leave a reply