The Latest in IT Security

Carbon dioxide leak kills worker at Samsung factory

28
Mar
2014

A worker died at a Samsung factory in Seoul after carbon dioxide was mistakenly released, according to Korean news agency Yonhap News. The factory’s fire extinguishing system accidentally released carbon dioxide after it malfunctioned when it detected a fire, killing the 52-year-old worker. As Engadget notes, this is not the first factory accident has had: In the past couple years, Samsung has suffered from a series of factory incidents. In January 2013, 10 liters of hydroflouric acid leaked from one of main chip plants in Hwaseong, killing one worker and injuring four others. Samsung received a $1,000 fine and a warning after this incident. Four months later, another hydroflouric acid leak at the same factory injured three workers. Samsung has acknowledged

Comments are closed.

Categories

THURSDAY, AUGUST 17, 2017

Featured

Archives

Latest Comments

Social Networks