Attack Investigations Engineer
|25 January 2013|
|Dublin, Ireland, LA, Singapore, Tokyo|
Do you want to help take down cyber criminals? Reverse-engineer the next Stuxnet? Symantec’s Attack Investigations Team is looking for talented individuals to join in their mission to deliver first-class intelligence on cyber attacks. Take the opportunity to join an international team who are passionate and creative in their investigation of cutting-edge cyber attacks.
Conduct project-based research into cyber attacks, working with internal analysts to produce intelligence on the techniques & motivations which drive today’s attacks. Day-to-day duties include reverse-engineering attacks at network and file level to create a detailed anatomy of campaigns.
Research & prototype new technologies and systems that enhance Symantec’s ability to identify and gather intelligence on notable attacks
Build upon existing monitoring infrastructure to ensure Symantec maintains superior visibility into the threat landscape.
– B.Sc /M.Sc in a computer science-related field, or equivalent industry experience
– Experience in reverse-engineering x86 malware.
– Working knowledge of C/C++ software
– Proficiency in use of IDA, Ollydbg, HIEW or equivalent tools
– Knowledge of both Windows and Unix vulnerabilities
– Familiarity with network-based attack methods & tools
– Scripting experience developing tools (Python preferable)
– Knowledge of data analysis tools (e.g. Maltego, Splunk)
– Experience using SQL (PostgreSQL a bonus)
– Awareness of digital forensics tools (e.g. Encase, FTK, Volatility) a plus
Leave a reply