12 November 2011
Denver, Santa Clara, St.Paul, Beaverton
Terms of employment:
The Director of Web & Messaging Research Operations is responsible for managing a globally distributed team of Research Analysts and Researchers that write signatures to protect McAfee’s customers against threats such as web-based malware, spam, phishing, and categorization of web sites.
• Managing a globally distributed team of regional managers and security researchers
• Researching and analyzing a wide array of threats related to Web & Messaging (web-based malware, spam, phishing, etc.)
• Collaborating with various McAfee internal departments such as engineering, sales, support, public relations, etc.
• A strong interest in IT security related issues
• At least 5 years of management and leadership experience.
• At least 5 years of experience in the computer security industry (malware, web and/or anti-spam research preferred).
• Strong written and verbal communication skills. Comfortable with public speaking and giving presentations to CxO level Executives.
• Experience in defining requirements for engineering systems
• Familiarity with web protocols and email protocols
• Ability to research issues independently, predominantly via Internet research
• Self-motivation, the ability to work as part of a global team, and can balance between defining strategic direction and executing on tactical goals
• The right person would need to be available during non-business hours in case of emergency situations
• Extensive troubleshooting and testing skills (i.e. analytic, be able to narrow down on a problem, use documentation, tools, etc to troubleshoot)
• Willing to travel internationally
Able to execute the strategic goals as defined by the McAfee Labs organization.
Able to delegate, lead by example, prioritize, and assign work across multiple international teams
Teamwork, Flexibility, and Adaptability:
Promotes teamwork and collaboration effectively managing employees, peers, and supervisor expectations.
Able to effectively multi-task, accepting changing direction and shifting goals.
Prioritizes effectively and acts with appropriate sense of urgency.
Primary focus is on meeting internal customer needs
Secondary focus is to interface with Enterprise level customers to deliver superior customer service
Has theoretical knowledge of research process and best practices and has the aptitude to utilize this knowledge to understand and contribute to development of solutions.
Able to define and optimize research processes and produces solutions of acceptable quality. Building proficiency to minimize replication of errors.
Product and Technical Knowledge:
Ability to learn proprietary languages. Possesses foundational knowledge and familiarity with tools necessary to understand and learn web and spam research
Possesses base understanding of technologies and engineering principles and technical aptitude sufficient to rapidly gain an understanding of web and messaging threats.
Apply basic computer security principles to known or unknowns threats.
Ability to collect and analyze data, learns new concepts, and determines how to apply them.
Troubleshooting and Problem Solving (Research):
Able to analyze, diagnose, and propose solutions for assigned research problems and/or threats.
Effectively and thoroughly writes documentation and reports.
Planning, Organizing, and Schedule Implementation:
Schedule Estimation – Provide a rough estimate of time and resources required to complete tasks or large scale projects
Deals with others in a straight forward and honest manner, accountable for own actions, conveys the good news and the bad, maintains confidentiality when appropriate, and supports Company values.
Recognizes and adheres to ethical standards appropriate to the security industry as related to the research of threats for the purposes of protection rather than disruption or personal gain.
URL for more information:
Team Lead, Talent Acquisition- R&D
Leave a reply