Senior Program Manager – Advanced Malware Defense
|13 June 2012|
|Norman Data Defense Systems, Inc.|
|San Diego, CA, USA or Lysaker, Norway|
Norman is looking for a visionary program manager that has a strong interest in information security and advanced malware defense, while at the same time enjoys working with customers prioritizing new features and products.
As a Program Manager at Norman, you will be part of a team of the brightest minds in the security industry, contributing with passion and professionalism in an informal workplace.
Norman promotes agile development and your main role will be Product Owner. You will be a part of the Business Development team in R&D, and you will report directly to the VP of Business Development. As a member of this team you will work on cutting-edge malware defense solutions, taking responsibility for a product line with a lifecycle management approach.
The ideal candidate has a background as a developer in the security domain, with business experience.
– Manage short and long term projects and programs across Norman
– Ensures that each program meets the goals and objectives and is
achieved within the approved budget
– Motivate the team using appropriate tools and techniques in order to
increase commitment to the program objectives
– Develop and maintain project schedules and project plans together
with the team.
– Evaluate project team progress and communicate status effectively to
– Manage simultaneous cross functional teams and projects. (Work
directly with Engineering, Product Management, Marketing, and IT to
define key tasks, track project deliverables, dependencies, and
milestones throughout the complete project lifecycle)
– Keep the market research within the programs scope updated
– Driving project lifecycle processes, scheduling, risk management,
and conflict resolution techniques
– Manage change in accordance with the change management plan to
control scope, quality, schedule, cost, and contracts
– Minimum of 10 years relevant experience
– Must have experience with agile development
– Must have experience in the security domain
– Must have experience with project / product lifecycles, scheduling,
risk management, and conflict resolution techniques
– Must have excellent, proven verbal and written communication and
people skills to be able to communicate both internally and externally
– Must possess professional management skills; leadership, planning,
influencing, negotiating, problem-solving, and load balancing
– Experience with software development
– Must have experience with appliance based products and hardware
– Must have experience from a product based company
– High passion & commitment to execute projects in a timely manner
– Must be able to drive process and achieve results in an ever-changing
environment without direct authority.
– Bachelors and/or Masters degree in computer science/engineering (or
equivalent work experience)
– Masters degree in business is a plus.
– Minimum experience 10 years, minimum 6 years of overall Project
– Management experience, 3+yrs Product Management experience in
– Certified Scrum Product Owner
– Knowledge of malware detection and threats to computers in general
– Experience working on projects which require 3rd party vendors and
outsourcing projects as needed
– Working with distributed teams
For more information, contact Annika Nass, Norman HR, [email protected]
Leave a reply