We are looking to immediately fill the position of several
Software Tester (m/f) Mac
As a member of an international team, you will be involved in the development and maintenance of security software for currently approx. 100 million customers worldwide. The focus of your work will be on assuring the quality of our software components (applications, libraries, system services) using modern software engineering and test methods.
* You will work closely together with the software developers to develop Mac software as a member of a feature team. You will ensure that technical specifications are complete and correct and, where required, will take part in problem analysis. In addition to performing manual tests and reviews, you will ensure as a contact person for automation that automatic tests achieve sufficient test coverage.
* The developed software is a newly developed addition to a globally successful security solution, in which our clients place great trust and high expectations. With your knowledge and abilities, you will contribute to the developed software always meeting our high quality requirements.
* Improving reliability, performance, functionality and serviceability of our software and discovering any potential weaknesses is a matter of genuine importance to you.
* Your work method is characterised by independence, own initiative and good personal organisation. Good co-operation and open communication both within the (feature) team and with other departments is important for you.
* You are open to the application of new concepts and technologies and wish to develop professionally and personally.
* Knowledge of the Mac system architecture
* Very good knowledge in defining and implementing test processes, test planning and in drafting test specifications
* Good command of written and spoken English
* Good command of written and spoken German or a willingness to learn German quickly with our support
* High quality requirements of yourself and our software
* Analytical approach together with an interest in getting to the bottom of things
* Quick understanding of complicated situations
* High level of responsibility, commitment and proactive action
Desirable additional skills:
* Experience in quality assurance, test automation or software development
* Experience in script languages (e.g. AppleScript, Bash, Python)
* Certification as ISTQB Certified Tester or similar
* Experience with network protocols (e.g. TCP/IP, UDP, SMTP, FTP, POP3, http, SSL/TLS)
* Knowledge of team foundation servers
* Knowledge of the Linux system architecture
* Experience with agile processes
* Interest, where applicable, in also taking on project responsibility
* Varied tasks in an expanding company with above average growth
* Independent working in an international team
* Competitive rates of pay
* You will take part in skill adaptation training for new employees
* Continuous training
This position is based in Tettnang, Lake Constance.
Please send your application including your salary requirements and availability to the address indicated below. Online applications preferred.
Avira Operations GmbH & Co. KG
Telephone: +49 (0) 7542-500 2200
Email: [email protected]