We are looking to immediately fill the position of
Software Tester (m/f) Windows
As a member of an international team, you will contribute to the development and maintenance of security software for our customers worldwide, which currently number around 100 million. Your duties will focus in ensuring the quality of our software components (applications, libraries, system services) using modern software engineering methods and tests.
* As a member of a feature team within Windows Software Development, you will work closely with software developers. You will ensure that technical specifications are correct and complete and you will assist in problem analysis when necessary. As the contact person to Automation, you will ensure that automatic tests have sufficient test coverage and you will carry out manual tests and reviews.
* Our customers trust our global successful security solution, of which the software developed is a component, but also have high expectations. Utilizing your knowledge and expertise, you will contribute to ensuring that our software always meets our high quality standards.
* You will be responsible for improving the reliability, performance, range of functions and usability of our software and for pointing out any weaknesses.
* You work in a highly independent manner, show initiative and are self-directed. You believe that positive co-operation and open communications both within a team and with other departments is of utmost importance.
* You are open to applying new concepts and technologies and are seeking to further develop both your professional and personal skills.
* Several years experience in Windows environments
* Knowledge of Windows system architecture
* Knowledge of MS Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and possibly Project and Visio)
* Good command of written and spoken English
* Good command of written and spoken German or a willingness to learn German quickly with our support
* High expectations with regard to quality, both for yourself as a person and for our software
* Analytical skills along with an interest in investigating problems
* Quick adaptation of complicated relationships
* Great sense of responsibility and commitment
Desirable additional skills:
* Experience in quality assurance, test automation or software development
* Knowledge of and experience in test methods and processes
* Knowledge of Windows security, (i.e. firewall, anti-virus, anti-spam, anti-rootkit, network security)
* Certification as an ISTQB Certified Tester or a similar certification, Microsoft certification (such as MCSE)
* Experience working with network protocols (i.e. TCP/IP, UDP, SMTP, FTP, POP3, http, SSL/TLS)
* Experience with Agile processes
* Interest in possibly also taking on project responsibility
* Varied tasks in an expanding company with above average growth
* Independent working in an international team
* Competitive rates of pay
* You will take part in skill adaptation training for new employees
* Continuous training
This position is based in Tettnang, Lake Constance.
Please send your application including your salary requirements and availability to the address indicated below. Online applications preferred.
Telephone: +49 (0) 7542-500 2200
Email: [email protected]