Network security vendor Check Point Software Technologies has released a new Security Gateway Modulethat doubles the performance of its 61000 Security System designed for data centers and telecommunication companies.
According to Check Point, the new SGM260 blade doubles firewall and IPS aggregated throughput of the 61000 Security System to up to 400 Gbps and 130 Gbps respectively. Additionally, the SGM260 blade doubles the 61000’s security power up to 33,000 SecurityPower Units (SPU). (SecurityPower is Check Point’s benchmark metric to help customers select security appliances by their capacity to handle real-world network traffic, multiple advanced security functions and a typical security policy.)
Key features of the SGM260 include:
• Performance of up to 33,000 SPU
• Up to 400 Gbps of firewall and up to 130 Gbps IPS throughput
• Connection capacity of over 200 million concurrent connections
• Enhanced large scale data center and private cloud connectivity with up to 60x10GbE and up to 8x40GbE port density
• Smooth performance scaling process with “zero downtime” when adding SGM260 blades to existing 61000 chassis
“While organizations often face the dilemma of having to choose security or speed, both protection and performance are equally critical to securing today’s high-performance network environments,” said Gabi Reish, vice president of product management at Check Point Software Technologies.
The SGM260 is available immediately.
Previous Columns by SecurityWeek News:Check Point Doubles Performance of Security Gateway With New ModuleIncapsula Boosts DDoS Attack Protections With New Security Rules Engine Juniper Networks Launches New Virtualized Security SolutionsDepartment of Energy Awards Georgia Tech Contract to Detect Cyber Attacks on UtilitiesEiQ Networks Releases Freemium Security Intelligence Tools
Tags: Network Security