Networking giant Cisco Systems has announced a new managed security solution that applies real-time, predictive analytics to detect attacks and protect customers from advanced malware across their extended networks.
The new service, Managed Threat Defense (MTD), is an on-premises solution, comprised of hardware, software, and analytics designed to monitor, capture, and analyze threats, Cisco explained.
Staff located at Cisco’s security operations centers (SOCs) around the world monitor the service and provide incident response analysis, escalation, and remediation recommendations.
According to Cisco’s Annual Security Report, there will be a global shortage of more than one million security professionals this year. Leveraging external security experts helps reduce cost and provides an opportunity for internal resources to focus on other business priorities, Cisco said.
According to Cisco, the new offering provides the following benefits:
• Protects against unknown attacks by capturing real-time streaming telemetry.
• Leverages Hadoop 2.0 to apply predictive analytics to detect anomalous patterns against each customer’s unique network profile and determine suspicious behavior.
• Identifies known attacks and vulnerabilities using pattern analysis and investigation against both Cisco-proprietary and community threat intelligence data.
• Provides incident tracking and reporting via a subscription-based business model.
• Includes Cisco security technology such as Cisco Advanced Malware Protection (AMP) to detect malware and eliminate unnecessary alerts, Sourcefire FirePOWER for threat detection, and Cisco Cloud Web Security for email and web filtering.
“As data continues to move to the cloud, more people are accessing data via mobile devices, in addition to sharing data through social channels. Consequently, security has become our customers’ number one concern,” said Bryan Palma, SVP Cisco Security Solutions. “Managed Threat Defense lessens the worry associated with protecting against a breach and allows Cisco and its partners to add value where customers need it most.”
Managed Threat Defense is currently available in the United States and Canada, and select locations in APJC including: Australia, New Zealand, Singapore, Hong Kong, Malaysia, and Japan.
Related: Cisco Integrates Sourcefire’s Malware Protection Technologies
Managing Editor, SecurityWeek.Previous Columns by Mike Lennon:Cisco Unveils New Managed Threat Defense ServiceCrowdStrike Releases Heartbleed ScannerDamballa Raises $13 Million to Support ExpansionFireHost Raises $25 Million to Fuel Growth of Secure Hosting BusinessKaspersky Lab Names New North America Chief, Unveils Enterprise Security Strategy
Tags: Network Security