The Latest in IT Security

Google hit by 70,000 ‘right to be forgotten’ requests

04
Jul
2014

More than 70,000 people have already asked Google to delete links about them under Europes right to be forgotten ruling, with some of the world biggest news sites the first to be hit. The search engine has restricted access to a BBC blog posting and several British newspaper stories under a legal ruling granting people a right to be forgotten in search engines, it emerged on Thursday. Google said it had received 70,000 requests since it put a form online on May 30 as a result of the ruling by the European Court of Justice. The Guardian newspaper also said it had been notified that six links to its stories had been removed from search results, three of them about a 2010 controversy involving a now-retired Scottish Premier League referee.

Comments are closed.

Categories

TUESDAY, MARCH 31, 2020
WHITE PAPERS

Mission-Critical Broadband – Why Governments Should Partner with Commercial Operators:
Many governments embrace mobile network operator (MNO) networks as ...

ARA at Scale: How to Choose a Solution That Grows With Your Needs:
Application release automation (ARA) tools enable best practices in...

The Multi-Model Database:
Part of the “new normal” where data and cloud applications are ...

Featured

Archives

Latest Comments