The Latest in IT Security

Cyberattack Leaves Millions Without Mobile Phone Service in Venezuela

11
Aug
2017
Cyberattack Leaves Millions Without Mobile Phone Service in Venezuela

image-2_580615099_600x400

A massive cyberattack that took down government websites in Venezuela earlier this week also has left seven million mobile phone users without service, the government said Thursday.

A group that calls itself The Binary Guardians claimed responsibility for attacks that targeted the websites of the government, the supreme court and the National Assembly.

“These terrorist actions which affected the Movilnet’s GSM platform on Wednesday left without communication seven of the state operator’s 13 million users,” Science and Technology Minister Hugbel Roa said.

Read More

Leave a reply


Categories

TUESDAY, NOVEMBER 21, 2017

Featured

Archives

Latest Comments

Social Networks